On Tuesday night we got out our Christmas decorations and put up the tree. Now I have to admit that I grew up in a home where our home was decorated for every season, but I have not carried on that tradition. My sweet, dear mother would go all out for every season, holiday and birthday. I just didn't get that trait from her. I remember watching her and thinking you go to a lot of work just to decorate. My mom loves it though and going to her home would not be the same if she didn't. I love that about my mom she goes overboard with decorations :) Now I do have decorations in my home it's just not changed every season. With saying all of that we do put up a Christmas tree and a few other decorations but not a whole lot.
Tuesday night my wonderful hubby got out our tree and put it all together so we could decorate while he went off to Bible study. Our middle child was definitely the main contributor to decorating. Our oldest had homework and is not really into decorating. I was assured by our middle child that she would never not want to decorate. She had told me how her sister had not really wanted to help at her Grammy's either. I told her that it was ok and sometimes people go through stages where they don't really care to decorate (I know when I was a teenager my mom had to beg me to put 1 ornament on the tree). She looked at me like I was crazy and said well I will always want to decorate. I am documenting this just in case she does get to that stage someday ;) Lil man did want to help for a lil bit but he found it more fun to take the ornaments off then put them on the tree.
I did take some pictures of the process and the finished product. Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment