Has your life story become boring? Or maybe do you just wish to add something to your story. My hubby and I went on a date last weekend and he challenged us. He had read on a blog written by Donald Miller the What if challenge. Don talks about how authors when they get stuck will write out different what if scenarios to see where the story will go. Now we are all the authors of our own story. Are we living an adventure, a drama or maybe a boring story. What the challenge does is to help you brainstorm ways for you to add to your story. The only rule is the what if has to be something you can control. You can't say "what if I would have moved to New York." but you could say "what if I move to New York." Now, at first when my hubby proposed the what if challenged I was a bit nervous and didn't really want to participate. I kept telling my hubby that I couldn't think of any exciting what ifs. He went on to tell me that they didn't have to be exciting it was just to get me thinking and they would grow from there. What we did on our date was sat down and wrote down 5 what ifs and then decided we would pick one and in a month see where the what if had led us and go from there.
I encourage everyone to think about some what ifs and see where you can lead your story. Your what ifs don't have to be exciting or adventurous. For example a couple of mine were *What if I started working out *What if I learned to cook. So get a piece a paper out and write down 5 what ifs to add to your life story and share where it led you!
2 comments:
Girl, I LOVE to cook and would LOVE to teach you! Perhaps we can do some cooking dates? My cousin and I got a LOT more adventerous when we cooked together because with 4 hands, we were more likely to try harder things. Seriously, if you would ever like to do that, I'm up for and the hubbies will thank us! :)
Neat idea about this concept. I think that it makes me nervous... :)
I think it makes me nervous too Devon and Missy. I do know some lovely ladies who could help you with the "what if I worked out." Sorry I just had to harrass you. :)
Post a Comment