Monday, September 14, 2009

Did you ever have one?

I don't remember having one or any stories of me having one but my son has one, actually two. Imaginary friends. I guess it means he has a good imagination. His "guys" are actually based on real people too. My cousins are in 5th and 9th grade and lil man loves to play with them. We hadn't been able to see them in a couple of weeks and I think he was starting to miss them. So, one night we were sitting down to eat and he said that the "guys" were coming to dinner. I played along and said "ok". My hubby and oldest daughter weren't home so their chairs were taken by the "guys". I sat down to eat when lil man informed me that the guys needed their plates. Luckily they didn't need any food :) Lil man likes to play football with them and they like to come with us different places too. Yesterday they wanted to come to church w/us so of course we can't refuse a friend coming with us to church. We have had one accident where my hubby stepped on one of the "guys", but Lil man said he was ok. I'm glad he wasn't hurt we wouldn't want to have to take him to the dr :) It is definitely funny to hear lil man talking with the "guys". This morning one of them wanted to come w/us to work. As we were pulling out the other "guy" came running out but got stuck in the garage. I told Lil man that he wanted to stay home today, haha. The really funny thing is so far he only plays w/the guys at home and after a lil bit in the car he forgets about them. I know that there are kids who have had or have imaginary friends but this is our 1st experience with them. I'll keep you posted on any more exciting times w/the "guys". If you have any stories please share :)

2 comments:

Kelly T said...

That is really hilarious. Cute boy!

cynthia said...

phoebe had an imaginary friend named edmond for a good 5 or 6 months straight, when she was just about 2 yrs old. she would even scoot to the side in the stroller so he could sit beside her. i think it shows a great imagination!! :)