Yes it's that time around our house, the fun potty training time. Lil man hadn't really shown any interest in going potty on the big boy potty so we hadn't pushed it. Then about a week and a half ago he wanted to sit on the potty and he went! So, of course mom gets her hopes up that yay he is ready, because it would be so great to not have to buy 2 sets of diapers once Lo gets here. Well, then the next 2 days he wants nothing to do w/going potty. Now our Dr had warned us that boys didn't train as early as girls and usually it was around 3 when they would start. So, with all that information and the way lil man had been I figured it wasn't going to happen any time soon.
Well on Friday my mom, who watches him during the day, tried a new trick that one of her friends had told her had worked for her boys. Throw a couple cheerios in the potty and have them shoot them. Well, I should have known if you make it a sport my son will be all over it. On Friday he went 7 times!! Even stayed dry when we went to the football game. So far he is doing great. He doesn't have the whole telling us before he goes but if we watch the clock and him we know when to take him. I'm not saying he is trained and know that he could back track but progress is encouraging to me!
So, if you have boys that need to be trained try the old trick of shooting cheerios in the potty, it might just work for your guy too!
2 comments:
I will definitely keep that in mind. Thanks for sharing. I wish you lots of success.
Yay for Caleb! It was so cute at church today b/c he was so proud of himself when I got excited. Sophie still doesn't have naptime and bedtime down, but it feels really nice to get through the harder part and be pretty much on the other side (knock on wood). You will be so glad for your hard work!!
Post a Comment