I think it is so cute when kids find something funny on their own. The other night during worship service we were singing the song My Faith is Built on Nothing Less. In the chorus of this song the words say "On Christ the solid rock I stand all other ground is sinking sand." Well, our lil man thought that we were all singing "stinky sand" instead of sinking sand. He started laughing and saying "stinky sand". I know there have been lyrics before that sound like something they aren't and when you find out the lyrics you think, oh that's what they were singing. What songs have you found to have lyrics that sound like one thing but are really another?
Have a wonderful Wednesday!
4 comments:
How cute! Here are some of my favorite:
"Now let us have a little chocolate Jesus..." (talk with Jesus)
or, "Low in the gravy lay..." (low in the grave he lay).
For non-church song misheard lyrics visit http://www.kissthisguy.com/ --hilarious!
Ben is constantly correcting me on song lyrics. After awhile it starts to bring a woman down. hee hee.
When Tara and I were growing up there was a song at church where the altos echoed something and we always used to sing it "I gotta pee" but I can't remember what song it was. I'll have to ask her - I'm sure she'll know.
Hahahahaha!!! That is hilarious!
Post a Comment