We finally finished our last bilirubin test for our lil guy. The poor guy had to have one of his feet stuck on Fri, Sat, Mon and Wed. I felt so bad for him each time they had to get the tube of blood. Although the tube wasn't that big I felt like it was the size of a 8oz glass. Lil guy did great and even though he screamed ( who wouldn't) he got the test done quickly each time, faster than the time in the hospital. Each time the count was going down but finally on Wed the Dr said it was low enough that we didn't have to come back. It's a good thing that he won't remember this and the next time we go to the Dr's will be for his 2 month appt.
Everyone is doing well adjusting to having lil guy in the house. Lil man is adjusting pretty well to having to share Mommy with lil guy. Lil man really wants me to hold him when I am feeding lil guy so I have to tell him that I can't hold him but he can come sit next to me. He is getting used to it. He is a huge helper with getting stuff for me. Lil guy's stuff is in colored drawers which makes it very easy for him. I can ask him to get me a burper out of the yellow drawer and he knows exactly what to get.
I am adjusting pretty well to less sleep than I would like. I can't complain lil guy is pretty good sleeping at night. My Dr told me that the caloric intake is the important thing with babies and if you feed them enough during the day they won't wake up as much at night. It seems to be working pretty well so far. Last night was a rough night. I was tired and lil guy didn't want to sleep. When I finally got him to sleep and put him in his cradle he didn't want to stay asleep. Luckily my wonderful hubby helped out and got him to sleep.
As for adjusting to less sleep and having 2 lil ones that is about all we are up to. Hope everyone is having a great week!
No comments:
Post a Comment