Yesterday I took our soon to be preschooler shopping for tennis shoes. As we entered the store we were greeted by a very nice sales associate. She asked if we needed help and I told her I needed to have lil man's feet measured. So, she measured his feet and then showed us to the asile with his shoes. Up until this point she was being very helpful, then the words came out of her mouth that I wish I could have stopped, "You like Buzz Lightyear don't you? We have these cute Buzz Lightyear shoes that light up!" As my son eagerly tried them on I tried to control myself from slapping her silly. After trying on the Buzz shoes I found some plain blue, white and gray shoes. I got him to try them on and walk, even run in them. I tried talking them up, "wow those really make you run fast, they look great, I really like those." Then I asked the question which shoes do you want? Dumb question I know. Well of course he picks the Buzz shoes. So, then I tried to make a deal. If you buy the shoes mommy likes I will buy you these Buzz socks. His response: "No, but can I have the Buzz socks and shoes?" Ha! No way I did put my foot down and only bought him the shoes, haha. So, now my son is the proud owner of Buzz Lightyear shoes that light up. But hey at least he is wearing them so I can't complain. Here is a a picture of those wonderful shoes :)
5 comments:
Hahaha!!! I could just picture you slapping the lady silly! LOL
Very cute... at the rate I'm caving to character things I wouldn't be surprised if Sophie shows up that first day of preschool in princess light-up shoes. :) I'll try to avoid going to the store you visited, ha ha.
Cassie has Dora sandals, but that's about the limit of our wearable character clothes. The "unwearables" are only worn at home. Anything with a character stays as play clothes. The definition of play clothes is "home only" clothes. :)
LOL, you all crack me up. Not that I am all that experienced, but as your child grow "character clothing" seems to be more available that non-character. As for me, my daughter has started Kindergarten with a pair of light up Tinkerbell and Princess shoes. Maybe next year we won't have to get light up shoes.
Never say never. Ha, I do that too though. :)
I too find this funny Donna! I just purposely bought Kinsey princess light up shoes and Ethan Toy Story light up shoes :) I just want them to be happy! haha. I also make sure she has her character shirts. Otherwise she will throw a fit to wear just the one shirt.
Post a Comment