Tuesday night was a date night with the youngest daughter. She loves Carrie Underwood and when she found out she was coming to town she begged to go. So, this was one of her Christmas gifts. We went to McAlister's and split the French Dip and then were off to the concert. The concert started at 730p and we left around 11p. I have to say that I definitely feel I got my money's worth out of this concert. There were two opening acts: Sons of Sylvia and Billy Currington. Billy was great! Then Carrie took the stage. She was amazing! She had a great set, several costume changes and a flying truck! I think my favorite was when she sang "Jesus Take the Wheel" and finished it with "How Great Thou Art". She is a very talented singer.
On Thursday lil man had his pumpkin hunt at school. When we had originally talked to him about the pumpkin hunt he got real excited and asked "do we get to hunt w/guns?" I think he was a lil disappointed when he found out that he just got to pick it out of the field and no guns would be used. Pretty cute though how he thinks. He had fun running to pick his pumpkin. I was able to be there to watch his class and it was fun watching all the kids. He has a couple of great teachers that are great with the class.
Here are some pics:
Before the concert.

Holding my girl :)

At the concert

In her Carrie shirt

Carrie and the flying truck

Running to find a pumpkin

Lil man and his pumpkin.
(His new thing is to mess w/his tongue ALL the time, and it drives Mommy crazy.)

Lil man and me.

It has been a great week with some Mom/youngest daughter and Mom/lil man time. I am blessed with my 4 kids.
No comments:
Post a Comment