Well the wintery weather has struck once again. Last weekend we had beautiful days of 60 degree weather and then in the blink of an eye we are below freezing with snow. Luckily though no ice this time which is just fine by me. Although I am a much bigger fan of spring and summer I don't mind snow as much as the ice. Of course you won't find me out playing in it especially in this wind but it sure is pretty to look at :)
Yesterday we had lots of blowing snow making nice size drifts (now if you live up north I know that these drifts are nothing but for us they are a good size.). I made it to work leaving my kiddos safe and warm at home since they had a snow day, when to my surprise my boss, aka my dad, let me go home at 930! It was a great surprise since normally I don't get snow days. We were sooo slow at work that he didn't need me so told me to go home.
After my lil man got used to the idea (he had been planning on going to Memaw's) we had lots of fun playing with his legos, building a fort, making chocolate chip cookies from scratch, playing wii and drinking hot cocoa by a nice warm fire. It was a great day and the kids all had fun too.
Although my kiddos got another snow day I was back to the routine of work, but that's ok because it sure was a nice surprise yesterday. The snow is pretty to look at especially with the sun shining but as my lil man said "Maybe another day the sun will come out and make it hot because you know the sun is like fire," I hope so lil man :)
Enjoy the snow but stay warm and safe!
No comments:
Post a Comment