Monday, September 29, 2008

Rekindled

For those of you who don't know, I am not a big reader. I used to love to read books and then after high school and college I got burned out on reading books that I didn't even care for but had to read. My husband is a big reader and has books all the time he is reading. I wish that I could do that but it usually just doesn't happen with me. By the time I have time to read a book I usually just want to go to bed or just relax. I also have a bad habit of starting a book and then not finishing it. But when we went on our trip a month ago I wanted to take a book to read on the plane. My mom loaned me a book called Rekindled. She hadn't read it yet but my Grami had and really liked it. So, I started the book but didn't get it all read. When we got home it sat on my shelf sure to be the next unfinished book. This last week though I was determined to finish the book. It was a good story and I was really enjoying it and I had to know how if turned out. So, I read it and finished it last night! Now for me this is an accomplishment, haha. My hubby even made jokes to our lil man that "Mommy is actually reading, I didn't know she knew how!" If you are looking for a good love story you should check it out. It is about a married couple who have a struggling marriage but get a second chance. It tells about all their individual struggles and how they get to know each other better than they had ever thought possible in an unlikely way. So, there is my book review for the month......maybe year ;)

1 comment:

Devion said...

I'll have to check it out! I LOVE reading!

Have you read any of the Uglies books? They are great books that I would encourage your girls to read, too. Middle girl might be too young as of yet, but Oldest would probably really enjoy it. They are a great self esteem boosting series, if you ask me! :) Also, they are entertaining and an easy read, as they are "young adult" fiction. Check 'em out!