Well for the past few months we have been getting our house ready to put on the market lil by lil. Let me tell you with 4 kids it is quite the chore. We have been decluttering, deep cleaning and doing other lil things around the house. It amazes me how much stuff you can accumulate over time! We started this endeavor probably 6 months ago of decluttering. We have been storing several tubs out at my parents house. I have to say that that most of the stuff we decluttered and took out there we don't miss one bit. There are some things like books that we have thought about and gone out to get for whatever reason but other than that and a few baby items it is just a ton of stuff we don't miss. I told my hubby that after we move it is not coming into the house unless it is used and has a place, everything else is either thrown away, given away or sold. I hope I can stick to my guns :)
We are hoping that our house will be ready this next week to put on the market. I would be lying if I said I wasn't just a bit nervous about it. Not about selling it but mostly about keeping it showable all the time with 4 kids 2 of them being under 3! I know we can do it but if you could send up some prayers that our house sells quick and that we find a house quick that would be much appreciated.
I have to say with all this cleaning we have definitely found some things that we thought we had lost or didn't remember we had. One thing that my hubby was glad to find was some cleaning solution, it's called EZ Clean. It's this stuff that a guy sold to him that was a door to door salesman. It's supposed to be really good cleaner that can clean about anything and on glass it protects from fingerprints. The funny thing is a while back I was at my sis in law's and this guy came by selling EZ Clean. We listened to his pitch and then my sis in law said no thanks. Well I told my hubby about it and he said, No way that stuff is the best and I don't have any more of mine. Well now he can rest assured that he has EZ Clean. Hopefully it will work as good as he remembered. Clean windows w/o fingerprints would be great especially now.
Well, back to the grind of getting everything "perfect" for showing. Anyone want 4 kids to move in while we sell our house ;)
3 comments:
I'll take the 2 helpful ones! I could use live-in help! :) Just teasing. Prayers for a quick process!
Hey no fair Devon. I will take the biggest one since my kids think she is the greatest in the world. :) Good luck and we will praying for you too.
what a funny story about the EZ Clean!! you told it well. I'm excited about your house possibilities! Love you!
Post a Comment