Merry Christmas! Our house is bustling with baking cookies, preparing food for dinner tonight, last minute shopping, wrapping presents and the anticipation of Santa coming down the chimney. Our 3 yr old is very excited and can't wait until we open gifts tonight and then tomorrow. He saw his present wrapped and he asked me to tell him what it was. I told him if I told him it wouldn't be a surprise then. His response, "I don't want it to be a surprise." Ah the honesty of a 3 yr old :) We started our morning with baking cookies for Santa. Lil man was glad to know that not all the cookies were for Santa and that he could have a couple.
As I was thinking about all the gifts I have received over the years and that are yet to come I recalled James 1:17, "Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows. " The BEST gift of all was the gift God gave to us all, His son. As we open the gifts and the holiday is celebrated I pray that you remember the greatest gift of all and not to take it for granted. Also, with every gift you do open remember that they are blessings from God. God has blessed us all with so much! Enjoy your family and reflect on our Savior's birth.
Merry Christmas to all!
No comments:
Post a Comment