You know the times when your kids say something and you think, they do get it, and it warms your heart to know that although they might not show it all the time it is sinking in? Well I had one of those moments the other day that warmed this mommy's heart. My hubby had needed something from my purse so our oldest daughter had got it for him. When he was done he was starting to put my wallet back in the purse when lil man went over and did it for him. Then he went on to take the purse back to where I keep it. This was done w/o being asked anything. I told him thank you. That is when the sweetest thing came out of his mouth: "I did it because I love you." Wow! It made me squeeze him tight and tell him thank you again and how much I love him.
It is one of those things that we want our kids to learn, sometimes you do something for someone else just because you love them. Now I don't think that he has got it down and will always act this way but I know that it is there. I know he will grow into a teenager and would rather do what he wants but hopefully he will come back to know that sometimes you just do things because you love someone.
I have to say I am afraid this boy will give me a run for my money. Sometimes I think he is too smart for his own good. When he was 2 he told me about someone: "I love her, but I don't like her." Oh what is to come :)
I am trying to get the pics up from lil guy's 1st bday over a month ago. I have been terrible about that. Hopefully I will get some updates posted, maybe this weekend, but then again don't hold your breath!
Happy Weekend!!
No comments:
Post a Comment