Monday, December 20, 2010

"Oh Christmas Tree Oh Christmas Tree."


Wow! Christmas time again! I have to say that it doesn't completely feel like Christmas to me. I'm not sure why but I have been a bit of a Scrooge this year. I didn't even want to put up the Christmas tree but my lil man told me if we didn't Santa wouldn't come. So, of course we have our Christmas tree up. I had lots of help with decorating, which I love. My nephews were over so they helped along w/lil man and our youngest daughter. Since 3 of the boys were under 8 most of the ornaments were on the bottom of the tree. Then lil man has a Toy Story ornament that he was getting ready to hang when his cousin said he wanted to hang it. So, instead of fighting over who hung it they both hung this lil ornament on the tree. Teamwork, I love it!

We had our first Christmas celebration this past weekend with my parents. We started a new tradition a few years back where we go to my parents house the Sat before Christmas for breakfast and spend the day together opening gifts along w/my sister and her husband. Then Christmas Eve we have another celebration and then 2 more on Christmas day. I was asking my hubby the other day what traditions he enjoyed. I was actually surprised by a couple, those of which I thought he could care less one way or the other. So, what is your favorite Christmas tradition?

Have a merry week and remember amongst all the presents, food and family why we truly celebrate this season! Luke 2:11 "Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord."

1 comment:

Devion said...

Christmas Eve just isn't Christmas Eve at the Dopps house without cheeseballs, summer sausage, crackers, cookies, chips and salsa/rotel dip, and MOST importantly... sparkling grapejuice and cider. We go through CASES of that stuff! :)

Merry Christmas!