Thursday, November 6, 2008

Tennis Banquet

At the end of the season the tennis team has a banquet to celebrate the season. Last year we weren't able to make it to it, but this year we were. Tonight we went to the high school and celebrated the girls team. We had a potluck dinner followed by an award ceremony where the coaches pass out awards the girls have earned and then the seniors give and receive gifts. It's a fun time for the girls. This year our oldest had a great year. She earned her varsity letter, a "Big" win award for being a number 7 seed and beating a number 2 seed and then making it to state. Our oldest has learned a lot this year about what it takes to play at the level she wants to compete at and we have seen a huge change in her drive to play. As a mom there are so many times that I am proud of my kids. The lil things they do, the helpful hand they lend or kind word they share. Tonight I was able to be proud of my oldest once again. She was awarded with the Tess Herndon Most Improved Player Award. Tess Herndon was actually a player back when I was in school. She was a year younger than me and my Jr year I believe it was she lost her life in a four wheeler accident. Her parents were at the banquet tonight to give the award. Our oldest was very appreciative of the award. Her name now goes on a plaque that will hang in the trophy case at school. We are so proud of all that she has accomplished this year so far. She has managed to juggle a busy tennis schedule with her school work. She is growing up so fast and becoming a wonderful, mature, young lady. Ok I am done bragging for now and will share a couple pics from the night.
Our oldest w/the plaque.

Our oldest w/a couple of her friends showing off their awards.


1 comment:

Kelly T said...

Tell her we said way to go! Might I also add how refreshing it is to see your sweet girl dressed so tastefully! She's so good at looking VERY cute and trendy but still modest!