Saturday, November 1, 2008

A Different Halloween

This year was a different Halloween around our house. Usually the kids dress up, we truck around to the Grandma's houses, go up and down the street and indulge in all the candy. This year it was different. Our high school was playing a football game against one of their rivals. So of course our oldest was all about the game, especially when her dad told her she was too old to go trick or treating. Even though she tried to persuade him she wasn't. Our middle daughter had a lil harder of a decision. Trick or Treat or go to the game. So after going back and forth several times, and not getting any help from her parents she finally decided on the game. So Dad and the girls went to the game while lil man and Mom stayed home to pass out candy. Lil man had not been feeling well so we decided that the game wouldn't be the best and he would be ready to leave by half time for sure.
Lil man loved passing out the candy to all the trick or treaters. He didn't want to get in his costume but he did want in his pajamas. I was a lil nervous on a couple of costumes I thought might scare him, but he never cried or anything just looked at them and kept his eye on them. All the lil kids thought he was so cute. One lil boy said, "What are you? I know the cutest lil boy." I thought it was cute. There was also a lil boy who was w/his older brother and the older one kept trying to get the younger brother to say "Trick or Treat." The older brother said, "Trick or Treat, say that" and the younger brother replied "Say that". It was pretty cute. Our middle daughter asked me what was the best costume. I told her I was a lil disappointed this year. There weren't any stand out costumes I saw. I also figured there would be a ton of trick or treaters since it was on a Friday and such nice weather. Our first trick or treater was a lil before 6p and by 8p there were hardly any kids out.
Here are a couple of pictures I thought were cute that I took last night and this morning.

Lil man watching for the trick or treaters.

2 of our kids ended up in bed w/us this morning.

Lil man got a Doodle Pro for Halloween and loves drawing on it.

I asked him to smile for Mommy and this is what I got. I'll take it!

No comments: