As I had mentioned before, my love for reading had kinda been put on the back burner since high school. But after I read Rekindled on our vacation I decided that I should make an effort to read more. One of my best friends who went on the trip w/us had recommended the book The Five People You Meet in Heaven. After getting home I found that I actually owned that book! I had received it as a gift and since I hadn't been into reading, it was placed in a nice basket in the living room. More as decoration than anything else. So, I picked it up and read it in a weekend. It was really a good book. Yesterday I had the joy of sitting at home while we received At&t U verse. Since I couldn't get on the Internet or watch tv I decided to look through my books. I found another book that I had been given as a gift and decided to try it. It was great! I actually read the whole thing yesterday. Of course I had the luxury of not doing much else yesterday but it was great!
The book is called The Christmas Blessing by Donna VanLiere. I highly recommend this book but only to those who don't mind crying. It is a page turner, tear jerker. If you know the song Christmas Shoes about the boy who wants to buy his mother these shoes but doesn't have enough money. He tells the store that his mom is going to meet God soon and he wants her to have these shoes. The man behind him is moved by the lil boy and pays for the shoes. The boy is so excited that he rushes to his mom and is able to give her the shoes before God receives her. It is a very moving song that always brings a tear to my eye. Well, I don't know which came first the book or the song, but there is a book called The Christmas Shoes. This book is a sequel to it and tells the story of the lil boy, Nathan, now grown up and in medical school. It tells a great story and brought a few tears to my eyes I will admit.
I am not sure what book is next on the list but hopefully I will keep this up and have a few more recommendations to share. So, if you are looking for a good book to cuddle up w/next to a warm fire with a big glass of hot cocoa here are two for the picking! Enjoy!!
No comments:
Post a Comment