So, are you a lover of thunderstorms or do you not like them? To me watching the lightening flash across the sky and hearing the rumble of thunder makes me think What An Awesome God! He created it ALL!! One of my favorite songs is How Great Thou Art. Here are the lyrics:
O Lord my God, When I in awesome wonder,
Consider all the worlds Thy Hands have made;
I see the stars, I hear the rolling thunder,
Thy power throughout the universe displayed.
Then sings my soul, My Saviour God, to Thee,
How great Thou art, How great Thou art.
Then sings my soul, My Saviour God, to Thee,
How great Thou art, How great Thou art!
When through the woods, and forest glades I wander,
When through the woods, and forest glades I wander,
And hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees.
When I look down, from lofty mountain grandeur
And see the brook, and feel the gentle breeze.
Then sings my soul, My Saviour God, to Thee,
How great Thou art, How great Thou art.
Then sings my soul, My Saviour God, to Thee,
How great Thou art, How great Thou art!
And when I think, that God, His Son not sparing;
Sent Him to die, I scarce can take it in;
That on the Cross, my burden gladly bearing,
He bled and died to take away my sin.
Then sings my soul, My Saviour God, to Thee,
How great Thou art, How great Thou art.
Then sings my soul, My Saviour God, to Thee,
How great Thou art, How great Thou art!
When Christ shall come, with shout of acclamation,
And take me home, what joy shall fill my heart.
Then I shall bow, in humble adoration,
And then proclaim: "My God, how great Thou art!"
Then sings my soul, My Saviour God, to Thee,
How great Thou art, How great Thou art.
Then sings my soul, My Saviour God, to Thee,
How great Thou art, How great Thou art!
words & music by Carl G. Boberg and R.J. Hughes
2 comments:
Amen Sista! I love thunder storms too and How Great Thou Art - thanks for the quiet moment of worshiping the awesomeness of our God on your site tonight!!
I love and miss thunderstorms! We do not get them hardly at all in Utah, and when we do, they bring high risk of fire. It's one of the things I miss most about Kansas -- summer thunderstorms.
Love that hymn, too. While I was at college in Utah, my friends and I hiked a local mountain. At the top, we read about the Creation of the world and sang that song. It was a very spiritual experience for me.
Post a Comment