What a weekend! My hubby's bday was Wed, our daughter's was Sunday which was also Easter this year. Friday night my daughter had her Sweet 16 Birthday party at my parent's house. My mom overdid herself once again. I told her and my mom that they should have a party planning business. Mom and Sis were in charge of all the decorating and I just had to provide the food, which I can do :) Our oldest picked the theme of 70's. My sister and mom went to work making posters, signs, balloon towers and tye dye pillowcases and backdrop. The good thing is they have a ton of fun doing it so it makes it so much better. Our church had black lights so we borrowed those, put rope lights around the floor, had rotating lights, lava lamps and flowers. The girls had fun and did karaoke, watched movies, and girl talk. This age is so much easier than others. The girls take care of themselves and you don't have to come up w/entertainment for them, and it really helps that they are a good group of girls. The decorations were hard to take pics of because the black lights but here is an attempt.
The posters and wall art.

The tye dye sheet.

My sis, lil man and youngest daughter.

The entrance to "Studio 16" complete w/balloon tower.

Along with the birthday celebrations we celebrated Easter. Unfortunately it was a rainy, cool day so no outside egg hunt for the kids. All the kids had fun hunting for the eggs, except for 2 of mine. Our oldest has outgrown the hunt and my son would rather watch The Master's Golf Tournament?! We had a lot of fun with family. Here are some pictures from the hunt.
My egg hunter

My lil man watching the Master's.

2 of my nephews having fun hunting.

My lil man helping sis separate the eggs and candy.

My youngest daughter and oldest nephew who are much more like brother and sister than cousins.
We hope that everyone had a wonderful weekend full of family and friends. Although we hunt eggs let us not forget the true meaning of Easter. Our Savior Has Risen!!
3 comments:
The party looks awesome - I'll have to hire your mom and sis sometime.
CRACKS ME UP that little guy was so engrossed in the golf. Hilarious.
Oh my goodness, that party looked awesome! I love the balloon tower...too cool! And I am so amused that you had two fellas watching golf....oh men!
Happy Birthday to your daughter and hubby. My daughter turned 16 in March. I know what you mean about not having to entertain them anymore. Isn't it nice? Your daughter is very pretty too!
Post a Comment