Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Snow Day..........a bit late and an update or two

I know this is late but I have been too busy to update our blog. At the end of March while our oldest was away in Chicago, we enjoyed a nice spring snow. We didn't get as much as they were calling for but we got a nice mixture of ice and snow. The crazy thing was since it is March the next day most of the snow was melted and gone. Here are some pictures of the day.

The mail truck got stuck so my hubby had to pull her out w/the Beast!

Daddy and lil man getting ready to go feed the dogs all bundled up.


It was a lil too cold for lil man he didn't last 5 minutes and wanted to come in. He kept saying "Cold!"

Late afternoon the sun came out and lil man was much more willing to go out and play. Here he is throwing a snowball at Daddy.

Having fun in the snow!

Eating an icicle.

Having fun w/Sissy.


The kids had fun playing in the snow so much that lil man threw a fit when I told him he had to come in.

As I mentioned our oldest was in Chicago for a choir trip. They did great and had a lot of fun. Their bus had some issues such as being side swiped by a semi truck on the way up and then having more problems before they left for home. It was a memorable trip for them that is for sure. God is good though and no one was hurt and everyone made it back safely.

Last weekend our youngest daughter made a trip down to Abilene w/some people from church for Bible Bowl. It was her first year competing and they had a lot of fun. Her and 2 of her good friends went too so that made the trip even better. They went down on Friday afternoon and then came back Saturday night. It was a quick trip but she didn't mind. Their team took 7th which she was proud of.

As for a baby update I am still feeling good and not getting sick, luckily. I have been craving Chinese food and DQ blizzards. I did get to eat Chinese on Sunday night but I could go for it again right now :) I need to order some ice cream cakes for our bday parties this weekend and I am really wanting a blizzard! Yum!!

And last but certainly not least Happy Birthday Sweetheart!! I love you lots!

Sorry for the long post but for those who kept through to the end you're the best!!






No comments: