Thursday, September 16, 2010

Golf ball and baseball and softball oh my!

Well Wednesday night definitely had some excitement, not exactly the excitement I had been hoping for but it was something I had never seen before. A storm blew in and dropped some major hail. I have never seen this big or this much hail in my life. It was the craziest thing I have ever seen. At one point it sounded like bowling balls were being dropped on our roof. They would drop to the ground and explode into huge pieces. They started about marble size which turned into softball size in a matter of minutes. One of those softball size landed in our oldest daughter's back window shattering it to pieces. She had a lot of hail damage with a broken back window and cracked front windshield. The yard looked like a bad golfer had been through putting several divots wherever a piece had hit. While the storm was going our lil guy began to cry then the other kids started joking "we are all gonna die" and then our lil man said "don't worry God will take care of us." It was so sweet to hear him not fear the storm but say it's going to be ok because God will take care of us. Although our stuff is damaged we are all safe and that is all that matters. Here are some pictures:

The backyard.


Our patio table shattered.
One of the boys toy balls with the hail from the yard.

The once back windshield


A piece of hail buried in our yard from impact over an hour after the hail had stopped.

Hope everyone had little damage and are safe!

1 comment:

Donna said...

OH MY, I am glad you all are okay. How scary. I had never seen anything like that either.