Sunday, June 8, 2008

Summer Begins

The start of summer! I can't believe that it is already June. And before I know it my baby will be a 1 year old and I will be another year older. One thing I have enjoyed ever since I was lil was my grandparents pool and now my kids and myself get to keep enjoying it. Another added bonus this year is my part time schedule! So, I have the afternoons off and can go swimming w/the kiddos! Since we do have access to a pool my hubby and I had decided to sign lil man up for swimming lessons at 6 mos which is the soonest they can start. Lil man loved swimming lessons. He never cried or screamed and even one time was so relaxed he laid his head on daddy's shoulder and almost dozed off. So, i just knew that he would love this summer at the pool!......

Here is my mom "Memaw" and our lil man. And you can kinda see from the expression on his face that he is not thrilled about the pool at all. My cousins were swiming and one of them had one of those masks on that covers your nose and we think that might have freaked lil man out a lil bit. But the whole afternoon he was trying to crawl over you to get away from the pool. I thought great he hates the pool and his sisters, especially our middle child, loves it as you can see.


So, we didn't force anything and let lil man play outside. The next day we decided to try again. And the result.....

He LOVED it!! Yea!! He got in and swam around w/big sis and mom. Hung out in his frog and played w/the toys on the stairs w/Memaw. He had so much fun swimming and then getting out play for a lil bit and then getting back in. I was so relieved to know that he enjoys the pool like we had thought he would. Here is a cute pic of our middle child and lil man. The expressions on their face shows they were having just a lil bit of fun, haha.

No comments: