I can't believe it is time for the holidays already! Where did the year go?! We were driving around this weekend and 2 of our radio stations that we listen to are already playing Christmas music. I have to admit although I would prefer to wait until after Thanksgiving for Christmas music I have caught myself listening from time to time. And my kids are definitely ready for the music. My hubby was making fun of me for being a scrooge about it, I just think before Thanksgiving is too early. Of course I think I am out voted :)
Tonight we had a taste of the holiday season. Our oldest is in the Madrigals at school. They sang tonight outside in an open air theater! For those of you who don't know it was 33 degrees w/the windchill about 22 degrees!! Now for me who can get cold sitting inside in 62 degrees, that is FREEZING! There was a pretty good turn out for such cold weather, of course Santa stopped by so all the kids were excited about that. The Madrigals did great and didn't sound like they were freezing. We were all bundled up w/layers, coats, gloves, hats and scarves.
With Thanksgiving just around the corner and Christmas only 5 weeks away the holiday season is here! Now we just have to make our lists and make sure to stay good because Santa always checks his list twice!
2 comments:
You are no scrooge. I am in 100% agreeance. I can't stand seeing all the Christmas stuff out before Thanksgiving and Christmas is my favorite holiday. I found the stations you are talking about too and I just about fell over when I heard it. Are they trying to get Christmas over before it starts? That is what I feel like. So, I said all this to say this...you aren't alone and it is cold. :)
About the Christmas music...I could listen (do sometimes) to Christmas music all year. I LOVE IT!!! Glad to hear your girls are liking it. When I was taking your middle child to school back in Kdg. she would get to pick the radio music except in Dec. Then she would always go..."Oh NO..Not again?" Glad to hear she likes it now :) ha. I do agree the stores start the season tooo early. It is VERY cold outside.
Post a Comment