Wednesday, February 25, 2009

A hit with the family!!

Well, I tried my first "experiment" meal, and it was a hit with the family! Thanks to Simplify Supper for the great recipe, Honey Chicken. I decided to try something new and document the steps. Although it doesn't compare to the quality of The Pioneer Woman Cooks I gave it a try.

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/2 cup butter
1 cup honey
1/4 cup Dijon Mustard
2 tablespoons Curry Powder


First, melt honey, mustard, butter and curry powder in saucepan over medium heat.

Then place chicken in casserole dish (I used 3 chicken breasts instead of 4 since they were larger.)

After placing the chicken in a 9x13 pan pour sauce over chicken. Cover and cook @ 350 degrees for one hour.



As a side we had mashed potatoes. I quarter peeled potatoes and bring to a boil. Once boiling cover and put on low-med heat for 20-30 minutes depending on how many potatoes you have. Then I drain them, add milk, butter and salt to taste and use my hand mixer to mix them.



And a new favorite of my family are these vegetables. All you have to do is put them in the microwave for 4 1/2 minutes and you have yummy steamed vegetables.


After an hour of cooking remove the foil and the recipe calls to cook for another 30 minutes. I checked on mine after 15 minutes and my chicken was done so you might want to keep an eye on yours.


The final product. Honey chicken with mashed potatoes and steamed vegetables. Our oldest liked the sauce on her potatoes too.



So, if you are in the mood to try something new and like honey and chicken give this meal a try. I'll let you know on my other "experiment" meals!



















2 comments:

Donna said...

That looks like a fabulous meal. Thanks for sharing. We will definitely give these a try.

Kayla said...

It looks really good! I might just have to try it! :)