The other day I was looking for good coupons. Well, somehow I stumbled on a blog and that blog led to another blog and before I knew it I had flipped through several blogs and couldn't even remember where I had started. I stumbled on a couple of blogs and websites that I think I am going to really like.
One thing that is very hard for me is planning meals for the week. What is really sad is I don't even have to do a whole week because a couple times we eat with the grandparents and then Wednesday we eat at the church. But for whatever reason it is very hard for me to figure out what we are going to eat. It bothers me so much that I end up stressing about it, which I know is silly but it still happens.
I found a blog the other day called mealplanningmommies. I think it is really going to help with me finding new recipes to try out on the family. The blog is of 3 mom's who post a weekly menu and then daily put the recipes up they are trying. That way I can look through it and see if there are some recipes I think my family will enjoy. I found a couple already that I am wanting to try out.
Another site I found was Simplify Supper. It has a calendar where you can pick what recipes you want and it even gives you a shopping list for the week. Here you can pick the recipes you like and plan either a week or a whole month and then each week print your grocery list. The best part of it....its FREE!
I know there are several meal planning websites (trust me I have looked) and they are probably very good, but I have a hard time spending money on a service that I might not try any of the recipes they suggest. I have picky eaters so not just any recipe will work for my family. This way with these websites I can look through them find a recipe I like and think my family might at least try and call it good.
So, if any of you have the same struggles with dinners and the grocery store as I do check out one of the sites above or find another one you like. I have a good friend who is trying out relishrelish.com (it does have a fee for subscription). There are definitely several tools out there you just have to find one that will work for you.
I will keep you updated on how I like the recipes and sites as I go. Hope you all have a great weekend!!
1 comment:
Thanks for the great links in your post! I followed them and enjoyed them! Keep up the great work!!!
Courtney
(www.womenlivingwell.org)
Post a Comment