Sunday, February 22, 2009

Savings!!

I didn't know it could happen but it can. I just saved $31 at the grocery store! Now for me that is a lot. For those of you who save more than that please don't burst my bubble. The grocery store that I use has a website that I found I could enter my shopper card and it would automatically download the coupons I selected to the card. That was a huge thing for me because no matter how hard I try most the time if I do clip the coupons I always forget to take them. Or if I take them I forget to give them to the cashier. So, this is a huge plus for me. It connects you to other sites such as Shortcuts.com and P&G eSaver that will upload coupons to your shopper card too. There are also coupons you can print but for some reason my computer won't let me download the coupon printer function, but if yours can you can get even more coupons. Also since I use a shopper card the store sends out coupons of things I normally buy every so often (not often enough sometimes). I know that some people especially right now are looking to save money and I am here to tell you there is a way it might just take a lil time.

Another way I am trying to save money is by meal planning. This week will be my first go at it. I have planned out my meals for the week and went to the grocery store so now I just have to follow through with the plan. I will let you know how the week goes and the new meals I am trying out.

Hope you all had a great weekend!!

3 comments:

Kelly T said...

Way to go - I would be excited about saving that as well! I didn't know you could download coupons right to your Dillon's card - I'll have to try that! I always forget to take them with me, as well.

Donna said...

I will take any kind of savings I can get. I will have check out the websites as well as the ones from you last post. I am anxious to hear the results.

Anonymous said...

Hey Missy! Thank you for sharing your recipe! It looks and sounds delicious! May I ask what the website was or where you found the website under the Dillons website when you were able to download coupons to your card? Thanks again for sharing such great information! You and your family look fabulous!