Sunday, April 26, 2009

Saturday at State

Yesterday we spent part of the day at State for our oldest. The Madrigals performed great and received a 1 scoring. (A 1 score is the best) Our oldest sang her two songs and received a 2 scoring. She was a lil disappointed but she did great. Her voice was a lot stronger than she sang at contest a couple of weeks ago. The judge's comments were she needed to be more expressive in her singing. We were very proud of her for going to state and doing so well.

My hubby and I had some fun while we were up there. Our two younger kids stayed w/their uncle. They would've been so bored and we really appreciated our brother in law taking care of them. While we were waiting for our oldest to sing her solo we decided to go get some lunch. After finally finding the street that had all the restaurants we went down the strip trying to decide what to eat. The first thing we saw was a Wendy's sign. So after driving down the street we decided to go back to Wendy's. This was what we found:

As you can see there is no Wendy's just a sign. They were closed for an extreme makeover. It was completely gone there was just an empty lot w/an old tire in the middle of the lot. We had to laugh that the first time we passed it neither one of us noticed the missing building. Obviously we were just looking for signs. We did end up finding another Wendy's to eat at.

On our way home we had another laugh at the toll booth. Our toll was $2.50. I didn't have 2 quarters so I had to make up 25 cents w/other change. I had got the 50 cents ready and stacked. As I handed it off to my loving hubby. The change shot out everywhere and down between the seats. It also had to be at the same time that we pulled up to the booth. So, then I had to dig for another dollar.

We did have a lot of fun on Saturday and are very proud of our oldest's accomplishment.

1 comment:

Kelly T said...

That is too funny - I would blame your passing by the missing building on pregnancy, but what was your hubby's excuse? hee hee...