Thursday, June 26, 2008

He has what?!

Last week not only did lil man turn 1 but he got to have shots. A favorite thing of his of course.
I always feel so bad for him because he alway is so happy, laughing and everything and then the nurse sticks him and he screams. I don't think he screams because it hurts but more because he is mad. As soon as she is done giving him the shot he stops screaming and doesn't even have a tear. Last week was no different. He had to get 2 shots, 1 in each leg. One of them was the chicken pox vaccine. Well, yesterday I noticed a few bumps on lil man's leg. At first they looked just like a bite or maybe a rash. Well, this morning when he woke up I noticed that there were more bumps and it looked worse. It was on both legs and arms and one of his ears. My hubby thought it was chicken pox. I thought no way. So, I made him an appt w/the dr just to make sure of what he had. The male nurse that took us back kinda looked at me like I was crazy for bringing him in and since they didn't itch it was nothing. Our Dr came in and after looking at it said, "I think he has a mild case of the chicken pox." I told him that was what my hubby thought and he said well he is the "smartest man in the world" just what he needs to know ;) So, our poor lil man is teething, has chicken pox and is supposed to have his family bday party this weekend. The Dr did say that he would be fine to have the party so I am just hoping he is in the mood for it. He has been a lil clingy at times but hey who could blame him. Below are some pics. I took them while he was sleeping so they are a lil blurry because of lighting.

His poor leg.


His arm which is not as bad as his leg.


3 comments:

Kelly T said...

Poor Caleb! Do they think this is a reaction to his shot? So crazy! Hope he's feeling better soon!

Donna said...

How sad! I would wonder if it was from the shots, too.

md said...

Yeah unfortunately when you get the chicken pox shot it has a weak form of it and my guy was just lucky enough to get it.