Sunday, July 6, 2008

4th of July Festivities

Well, another 4th of July has come and gone. This year my Grami had her sisters and some of their families come in town to celebrate my great grandpa's 84th bday. It was a day full of swimming, lots of food and fireworks. My great grandpa gets fireworks on his bday every year since he was born on the 4th. It was a good time by all. This was lil man's 1st 4th where he really could pay attention to the activities. Last year he spent the evening sleeping in one of his grandma's arms. Not that they minded. This year he watched them for a bit and then wanted to go into Memaw's to lay down. He kept pointing to the house. So, Mommy took him in and he laid down and watched tv for a bit before falling asleep. Daddy had fun blowing stuff up. Mommy didn't mind since I am not a big firework fan anyway. I get it from my Daddy. We like them for a while but then we are like ok, I'm done. My Dandad has had the tradition for as long as I can remember that he collects his spare coins all year long and then cashes them in to buy fireworks. This year my sis, her husband and our middle child helped him spend the money. From what I heard and the lil I saw it was a good show. Since I was inside w/lil man and my hubby was preoccupied I don't have any fireworks pictures. It was amazing to see all of the different fireworks going off around the town. The whole area was blowing stuff up :) I hope that you all had a fun and safe 4th of July!

No comments: