Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Melts my heart

My great grandmother lives w/my grandparents and has for the last several years. When my hubby and I started dating our oldest would sit at the table w/my Grandma Day and talk w/her for a while. Our oldest has such a tender heart especially for older people. Over the last few years her health has declined and it has been hard for me to see since I remember her when she would come and babysit us or we would go down to the farm to see her. Some days are better than others but most days she thinks I am my mom. One of the cutest things that melts my heart is my lil man. Whenever he sees my Grandma Day he will wave and smile to her. The other day he even was playing w/his toys and stopped to wave at her. Although my kids, especially lil man, will never know their Great Great Grandmother very well, it warms my heart to have pictures like these:






2 comments:

Kelly T said...

These pictures are priceless. Both Ben and I don't have great-grands living anymore... what a wonderful experience for your children to know their great-great, even if it's just in their early years.

Unknown said...

Very precious!! We too are lacking in the grandparent department, we only have one grandpa between us. Treasure these last moments with her!