The summer between my 4th and 5th grade year my parents decided it was time to move. They had wanted to get my sister and I out of the city school district and had wanted some land. So, our family business found some land, bought it, and before I knew it my uncle's family and mine were living "in the middle of nowhere" (1/2 a mile from the highway). I was not too thrilled. I didn't like being hours (20 mins) from my friends, I was starting a new school and didn't know anyone. It was the end of the world as I knew it.
As the years went on some of my favorite memories were made on that land. When they dug our pond we had a "mountain" that we would climb up and down and play on for hours. We also tried to walk on that pond when it was semi frozen, but got caught by my aunt and ended up getting in trouble. And it is where at night you could sit under the stars and see more stars than you would ever be able to see in the middle of the city. It became one of my favorite places and is even where I wanted my wedding reception.
Now it is a place for my kids to enjoy. During the summer my kids spent time at Memaw's house and here are some pics to show you all the fun at Memaw's house.

Here Lil man is pointing out the horses to big sis.

Playing on the swing set.

Fun in the Jeep.

Driving into the "sunset".
P.S. 9 more days to Jamaica!!
No comments:
Post a Comment