Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Wedding and Family

Family is such a blessing and important part of my life. I have always been close to my family and love being around them. This last weekend was a quick trip but we got to see a lot of our family. My cousin got married down in Oklahoma so many of our family members were there from all over the states. We had Kansas, Texas, Virigina, Arkansas, Indiana, Tennessee, Florida and even Alaska represented. With all the family around it reminded me of when I was lil and a lot of the family would gather at my grandparents a week out of the summer and we would spend the whole time swimming, playing volleyball, swimming, eating, going to movies, and swimming some more. It was such a fun time together. Unfortunately with all our families growing and changing we haven't been able to have all of us together in a long time. So, it was a lot of fun to see everyone.

My cousin who is just a lil older than me married his college sweetheart. It was a beautiful wedding and reception and they even got to leave in a Fire truck! My cousin's wife's dad is the Fire Marshall so he had some pull ;) It was my first wedding to see someone get to leave in a fire truck it was like just out of a movie! One of the neatest things at the wedding was the unity candle. My cousin's dad does a lot of welding and made the unity candle stand. It was absolutely beautiful! I wish I had one. The glass that the candles sat in was hand blown by a friend and in the 3 holders he had laser cut "I am the Vine and you are the branches". It was a very special part of the ceremony and is something very neat that they can display in their home. Another cousin asked him how long it took him and he said he had 100 hours in it but thinks he can go faster now that he has it down. He has 2 younger daughters so I am sure they will each be getting one someday for their wedding.

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. We start VBS tonight at church so for the next 3 nights we will be hanging out at the church :)

No comments: