Saturday, August 23, 2008

Picture Adventure

So I haven't ever taken lil man in to get his picture taken aside from the annual Mother's Day grandkid picture. I had really wanted to get his picture taken for at least his one year picture and after procrastinating for 2 months I finally made the appointment for today. And let me tell you my husband is not very patient when people are just inconsiderate of other peoples time. We get there and the waiting area is full and they tell us there are 3 groups in front of us. Which starts my hubby in a great mood :) We wait and wait and wait and wait and after 45 min they finally call us back. In the meantime lil man has been in a great mood playing, smiling and having fun. As soon as we get called back he gets into his shy, freaked out, won't let go of mommy mood. I am thinking great. So, we finally get a few pics taken and he is sitting on a block, falls off so of course starts screaming. By this time my hubby is ready to walk out and forget the whole thing. The photographer tells him well, corporate makes us take at least 3 different backgrounds....I was not sure if my hubby was going to stay quiet or tell her exactly what corporate could do. So, we toughed it out and got some good shots. By the time we needed to pick out the pics lil man was ready to go and I was so tired of the whole deal I just picked one shot and got the cheapest package and left. Needless to say my first experience wasn't the best. My husband told me if I ever want him to go again we make the first 9am appoint so they can't be running behind. I said whatever it takes because I want a family pic and a pic of my 3 kids, so we will see how that goes :)



But on a happier note 7 days to Jamaica!

3 comments:

Kelly T said...

I'm sure you tried real hard to not say where this was, but of course I'm curious. The last few times we've done the first 9:00 appt at Portrait Innovations and of course that's the only time we haven't had to wait forever. I'd give it a shot. And I'm so jealous of your trip, especially every day that I read your blog and see your countdown.

cynthia said...

going to take portraits always stresses me out, and then something always goes wrong. but when we finally get the portraits back, they are so adorable, and i hardly remember what the experience was like getting them done! :) i'm sure your little guy's portraits will be adorable!

Kayla said...

Your hubby sounds a lot like mine!! Where did you go? Can't wait to see the pics!