Now most people have heard the saying "Don't cry over spilled milk." Well the person that said it must have been a man or obviously not a mother. Yesterday morning I had just got done feeding lil guy and decided to pump since he had fallen asleep while eating. So, just as I finish pumping lil guy wakes up crying. I pick lil guy up and walk over to the sink to clean up everything. Just as I am sitting the milk on the counter in slow motion it falls and spills all over the floor. I know they say not to cry over spilled milk but let me tell you I wanted to start crying that very second. It had been a couple of rough days for me anyways so this was the icing on the cake. The day luckily got better for me but it was a very rough start. Those that have either pumped or been around other mothers who have, know how precious those ounces of pumped milk really are. So, if you are a mother who pumps and then spills the milk, don't worry it's ok to cry over spilled milk.
Hope everyone has a Happy New Year!!
4 comments:
LOL. SO sorry to laugh, because I can just imagine how MAD/SAD you were when it happened, but I think it is great you can blog about it and so many of us know the exact feeling you were having at that moment! Loved the post, even about a bad situation!
Thanks! Glad you enjoyed the post.
ohh my! i "get it"!!! i would have cried too!!
aw... that stuff is like GOLD!! praise the Lord there's more where it came from. ;) i had a love/hate relationship with my pump. what a blessing they are, though!
sometimes when things like that happen, i have to force myself to remember romans 8:28! even if it's just to shape our character, all things work together for good to those who love God and are called according to His purpose! :)
Post a Comment