I realize that it is Tuesday after Mother's Day but I have wanted to post this since Sunday so I decided to just do it. Our preacher on Sunday talked about mother's as most would suspect since it was Mother's day and all. He had 2 options for mom's. Option 1 in Proverbs 31:10-31 or Option 2 Titus 2:4-5. See I have always enjoyed reading Proverbs 31 where it describes the character of a noble wife. Except for the fact that by the end of those verses you can feel overwhelmed and discouraged. As our preacher stated, that is like a "Super Mom"! And although I want to be the best wife and mom possible "Super Mom" is kind of a hard example to live up to and can get you down on yourself pretty easy.
Now let me write Titus 2:4-5 for you "Then they can train the younger woman to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husbands, so that no one will malign the word of God." See I have read those 2 verses several times and I even have them underlined in my Bible, but I never really put it together that, that was an example of what a wife should be too. These verses to me at least are a lil more encouraging to me. Now I know that with God all things are possible and that he could make any of us "Super Moms", but until then I think I will look to Titus 2 and strive to be the wife and mother he talks about there.
I hope that everyone had a wonderful mother's day, especially all the new mom's or mom's to be!!
No comments:
Post a Comment