Friday, May 30, 2008

Where is your haven?

Do you have somewhere you like to go where you feel safe. A place that no one can do you any harm? Many people have a haven of their own whether it be a room, place or even in the arms of a loved one. A haven for our kids is Mommy and Daddy's bed. It is a place where they feel safe and comforted. Last night, or actually more like early this morning we had 2 visitors join us in bed. A lil before 2am our lil man woke up screaming and went back to sleep in our bed. Then around 5am our middle child had had a nightmare and ended up in bed w/us as well. Now, if we had a King size bed you probably wouldn't even notice 2 adults and 2 children in the bed. A king size bed is a nice size if you want a lot of room, which sometimes my hubby would like, but we don't have a king size bed. Our Queen size bed gets a lil cramped for room when there are the 4 of us in it. This morning I woke up clinging to the side of the bed so my son wouldn't push me off. Although I tease I would never send my children away from our bed, their haven. After my hubby and I had started getting ready we left the two kiddos in bed. I walked back into our bedroom and found this:



Our lil man is such a bed hog!


5 comments:

R Family of 5 said...

My haven was my mom and dad's bed too. They did "upgrade" to a King size bed. (: Our kids crawl into bed with us too, I love the snuggle time.

Donna said...

That is too cute. Someone in my family is a bed hog too but I won't mention names.

cynthia said...

Jesse has those rocket pajamas! Last week when we had all those crazy storms, I would end up in HIS bed! It was really fun to wake up with an angelic voice saying, "Mama? I love you."

The Reiboldts said...

Hey! I tagged you on my blog, so check it out. It will give you something fun to write about.

Jessica said...

Soooo funny! I hope Kinley wants to get in our bed when she is a little older! I don't know if Ryan wishes the same. :) She stayed in our room until she was 4 months and then still get to come in if she wakes up and it is after 5:30, I love to have her close! I do hope she isn't as much of a bed hog as your little guy - I LOL when I saw that pic!

PS - Do you mind if we link you as a friend on Kinley's blog?