For the last few weeks, probably months, my hubby and I have talked about getting rid of the satellite television. We were thinking of ways to cut back on things that we really didn't need and the tv is definitly one of them. Even though I agreed that we didn't need satellite I continued to drag my feet to actually making that call. I'm not really sure why either, because we don't watch that much tv as it is, and I definitly don't have a show that I will just die if I don't watch. But for whatever reason I continued to drag my feet until my hubby told me in a kind, loving, encouraging way, obviously you aren't going to make the call. For some reason I made the call that afternoon after I got off work. Having him tell me that I wasn't going to do something made me want to do it, funny how that is, isn't it.
So, after making the call and trying to disconnect the nice lady on the other end tried to help me. At first she offered me other packages that would lower my monthly charge and after I refused she gave me the option of putting the satellite on pause. Where we would keep all the receivers and everything just not be able to watch current shows. We could even order pay per view (not that we ever really use that option). So, I agreed to the pause option. She explained that way you are trying out not having tv. After I explained to my hubby everything he suggested we get the local channel package.
So, after all my dragging of feet we have what they call "the essential" package which gives us our local channels and some other ones. I told my hubby it was designed for him it has most of his favorite channels such as Discovery, The Weather Channel, The History Channel and The Documentary Channel.
I think it is funny though that even though we rarely even watch tv, I feel like I don't want to go completely without. Silly I know. Something about human nature I guess.
1 comment:
Pretty new background! And i love your profile pictures! :)
Post a Comment