Isn't it amazing how much we depend on certain things. We depend on electricity every day, if the power goes out and we have to use flashlights or candles some people thing the world is ending. Or how we depend on convenience stores to be open whenever we need something. If a store is closed and we need something now, that store is being inconsiderate of others...or so we might think. And one thing I found that I depend on more than I knew, is a phone line.
Yesterday morning I went into work only to find that our phone was dead, no internet, no fax, no phone line of any kind. After some calling around on a cell phone (by the way another thing I depend on too much, what did people do before them, haha) we found that somewhere our line had been cut and it would be fixed by at least 10pm the next night! So, my day consisted of answering a cell phone, explaining that our phones were down, taking their name and numbers and then running the message to whoever. Not only could we not use the phones but the internet was down so we couldn't file deals electronically. Our fax was down as well so we couldn't send anything out except for old fashioned mail. And we couldn't run any credit cards either. It is amazing that one lil phone line can cause such a mess.
Needless to say that when I walked into work not knowing whether the phone line was up yet or not and found out it was back to normal I was relieved. We depend on lots of things, and when they aren't around it causes our day or life to be a mess.
Today was a much better day and thankfully tomorrow is Friday!
No comments:
Post a Comment