Saturday, January 31, 2009

Sick Kids

It's that wonderful time of year when sickness is everywhere. I know that we are not alone with struggling with sick kids and there are a couple of friends who I know have had a harder time with it then we did. This week was our lucky go with sickness. On Tuesday early morning lil man woke up with a fever. It wasn't too high so my hubby stayed home with him. All day he was fine and didn't have a fever until dinner time. After we gave him his medicine he was fine and went to bed as normal. About 9:15 he woke up with another fever and it was 102 degrees. All night and into the wee hours of Wednesday morning he battled a fever that went from 102 up to 103.4 degrees. We put a wash cloth on him and then gave him a bath and that seemed to work great. Just to be sure I called the dr to see if he wanted to see him. The nurse called back and said we needed to get him in to see the dr. The poor guy had strep throat and a ear infection in both ears. On top of that he has about 6 teeth coming in right now. Needless to say him being cranky was definitely for a reason. It amazed us how fast he started feeling better after he took medicine. On Thurs he was doing much better and his poor sister was down with a head cold. She couldn't breathe and went through a couple boxes of Kleenex. Friday we were back on schedule and everyone feeling better. Our oldest was staying away from the sick ones because she didn't want to get sick especially with her musical only a couple of weeks away.

I hope you all are staying well and not having to battle any sickness. Hope everyone has a great weekend!
For some reason blogger wants to keep flipping this picture but oh well. It's pretty cute of my sick kiddos.
Sick kiddos but high spirits.

2 comments:

Donna said...

Those are so sweet. I am glad they are better.

Kelly T said...

These pictures are too sweet! I didn't know B was in a musical - when is it? It would be fun to go watch her, although I wonder if I'll be dealing with a new baby by then!