Sunday, April 20, 2008

Blankie

Do you have a blankie? Or maybe its a stuffed animal. When I was lil I had a rainbow colored blanket that had satin trim all around it. I loved it! I would go to sleep by rubbing the satin in between my fingers. I loved the soft feel of it. I had it for a long time and I think my mom even still has it although to anyone else it is just an old blanket.

My son has a blankie, kind of. He loves the big blanket on our bed. If he is really tired and he is on our bed he will lay down and hold it and go to sleep. It is really cute except for the fact that the blanket is huge so I can't just throw it into his bed w/him. Now, it's not like he doesn't have any blankets of his own. He probably has between 10 and 20 blankets of his very own that he was given as gifts. Some are soft, some have satin, some are handmade, some are big, some are small but none of them have the same effect as our big blanket. I am not sure why he doesn't really care about any blanket other than the one on our bed. Now I love our blanket too, it's soft and cozy, but sometimes I would like for him to just take a blanket of his own and fall asleep w/it in his own bed. Maybe he will find a blanket or stuffed animal one of these days that he loves to sleep with. And then if he doesn't have it, it will be the end of the world (hopefully not). But for right now nothing is as comforting as the big green blanket.



Isn't his lil hand so cute?! He just has to be touching it and it does the trick!

No comments: