It is so sad that another year of March Madness has come to an end. But what a wonderful end it was. I have to admit that I was a lil nervous for the Jayhawks. My hubby makes fun of me for how I get into the games. But basketball is the one sport that I really love. Ever since I was lil I have shared the love of basketball w/my dad. When I was lil I remember playing basketball in my Dandad's backyard. My dad, Dandad, sis and I would play for fun. Now even though I was somewhat tall and everyone that met me said "Oh you must play basketball" I never played a real game in my life. And if anyone asked my family if I played basketball they would laugh in your face. For one thing I am not aggressive, although I can shoot around and play w/the family, playing an actual game is something entirely different. And another thing is girls that play basketball are tough, and I am not tough.
That is why from the age of 5-15 I danced. I loved it! I did ballet, tap and jazz. Although jazz was fun for me I was much more talented in the ballet department. As my sis would say, I am too proper to be funky. And for the most part she is right. My sis and I danced for years and from time to time I really miss it. Although my hubby thinks I am crazy he just can't appreciate it. And that's ok he is a guy.
It has been fun though because our middle child has started taking a jazz class this last summer and school year. So, it is fun to share dance with her. And our oldest has also embraced her artistic side by being in a musical and really loving it. Although I was never in a musical I knew what it was like to perform. It's been fun sharing the artistic side w/them since I am not athletic.
Of course some days my hubby wishes I wouldn't have encouraged the artistic side so much. He isn't all into the musicals and recitals. But he is a trooper and supports his girls.
No comments:
Post a Comment