Monday, April 28, 2008

Calling All Women!!!

I want to start this post off w/an apology. I am sorry to anyone that I did not invite to the Women Walking w/God Conference that our church put together for the second year in a row. It was an amazing uplifting day and a half of fellowship, friends, family and fun. So in saying that I want to invite everyone to mark their calendars for next April. It is a Fri night and all day Sat event that brings together family and friends from across the area to laugh together, cry together and draw closer to God. This year the conference had 2 wonderful women of God. They were such a joy to listen to when they taught because they used God's word to teach and didn't just share their opinions. Elaine Denman and Lynn Jones were the speakers. They have a great ministry where they work w/families. They took time to go through the book of Ephesians and show what a family of faith would look like.

2 Years ago 2 women at Northside felt called to start this ministry of bringing women together to draw closer to God. The blessings have rained down on so many because of their faith to follow God. I know many women including myself who feel so blessed and refreshed after the weekend. It's also fun because not only do we learn more about God but we are blessed w/some wonderful musical talent and comedy.

One of my mom's friends entertained the ladies last April w/some comedy. She was loved by so many that they brought her back this April for more true stories that were very humorous. You laugh so hard that you cry. And like she says, the funny thing is they are all true stories! Another great treat is the musical talent that performs. One of my dear friends who is so musically talented came back from college to sing for us. She is such a great singer and I feel so privileged that she sang at our wedding. I keep reminding her to remember all of us small people when she makes it big. The choir that sings are so talented and a blessing to the conference.

I will finish by saying that it is a great time to get away from the everyday routine and draw close to our Lord and Savior, the Great I Am. So, if you want to know more just ask and I would love to see you next April!

1 comment:

The Reiboldts said...

What a wonderful blessing! Lynn Jones has actually spoken at several of North Atlanta's Ladies Retreats.