Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Our Crazy Frog!

Our middle child has a dance recital coming up at the end of next month. She has been taking a Jazz Basics class since last summer that my sis is teaching at the studio that I grew up dancing at. It's pretty fun to go back to the studio I grew up at. A lil weird to be on this side of the window though. She has enjoyed learning new dances over the last year. I think she enjoys it but really enjoys it because her Aunt is the teacher. I'm not sure if she will continue next year if her Aunt isn't teaching.

Anyway, as I was saying her dance recital is coming up. This last Monday was Costume week. The big info meeting where the teacher aka my sis in this case, gives you so much info you can be overwhelmed. The nice thing for me is since I was there 8 or so years ago I know a lil about the behind the scenes. One of the things that the teachers ask for is a Stage Mom. This is a person or persons (2 is preferred) that makes sure all the girls are there and ready to go w/makeup and positions. Being the good mom and sis I volunteered to be a stage mom, and I get the sole responsibility! Luckily she got 2 moms for Sat performances but on Fri I was the only volunteer. At least I know what I am supposed to do, kinda.

Our daughter's recital theme is Jungle Book and she is a Crazy Frog. Now for those of you who don't know the Crazy Frog song, just ask my adorable nephew. He LOVES Crazy Frog! And that might be an understatement he was asking for it so much his mom had to tell him no. It's a fun song and the dance is cute.



Here is a pic of our middle child in her Crazy Frog costume.

It will be fun watching our daughter perform at the same studio I did, not too long ago. Even if she doesn't do it next year she had fun this year.

Check back because momma got a new do!

1 comment:

Mamacita said...

This grammy can't wait to see the dance recital! Costume is cute:)