Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Selfish Indulgence

So, most times when I go to the store and buy something impulsive it is normally for the kiddos or hubby. But the other day I decided that I needed a selfish indulgence. A weakness of mine is Oreo cookies. I LOVE oreo cookies. Plain or dipped in milk they are the best! The only problem is my family agrees w/me so if I want to enjoy the cookies I have to hide them so they won't be gone the next day. And I feel a lil bad about it but I usually end up sharing after a couple of days. Just enough time for me to get my fix and still have enough to share w/the family. I'm just glad I only have to share w/3 instead of 4. Our lil man is missing out but he doesn't know any better yet.

Speaking of our lil man and food he LOVES pickles. We were at a favorite sandwich place last night for dinner and they give you pickle spears w/your meal. Lil man loves to suck on the pickle, which is weird because most lil ones, including our middle child don't like pickles. Well, last night he was enjoying his pickle when all of a sudden we heard crunch! With his 2 bottom teeth he had bit the pickle. Luckily when he had the bite he just opened his mouth and let the piece fall into daddy's hands. He continued on w/the pickle until there was nothing but bit pieces to small for a lil man who has nothing but 2 teeth. He enjoyed every bite of it.

I did want to mention that if anyone likes to cook I have the site for you. The Pioneer Woman which is under Oh the places I go is the best cooking site I have found. I have always wanted to cook but always been too scared to try. Always afraid my meal would turn out terrible. And I never wanted to try a recipe that I didn't know what it was going to look like. That is why Pioneer woman is my hero. She shows you pic by pic recipes. I have been brave enough to try apple dumplings, carrot cake, candy and cookie dough, and the pot roast. All were hits w/the family. So I recommend you trying out some of them. There are several that look tasty but my picky eaters wouldn't touch w/a 10 foot pole.

So until later try a recipe or indulge w/an oreo cookie!

2 comments:

The Reiboldts said...

Don't worry. I occasionally buy something as well and hide it too. It is these little things that make us moms feel like we are living on the edge.

Mamacita said...

This will be fun. I thought about getting a blog together then thought...what would I write about. So I will just enjoy my kids. How fun this will be.

Thanks for sharing.

love ya