My hubby loves to read! I'm talking love like if he had a choice of what he wanted to do, one of the top things he would choose would be reading at home alone. And emphasis on home alone. See he has a wife and 3 kids so reading w/us around isn't much fun. It never fails that when he wants to read is when one of us has some "major" thing we need to talk to him right then about and if we wait any amount of time the world might come to a halting stop! Several weeks ago we were out at my parents house having dinner. The kids and I ended up staying and watching a movie while my hubby wanted to get home. When I came home he was so happy because he had been able to read and study for about 2 hours with no interruptions. This was Big for him.
Now, I think reading is great. I used to love to read mystery books. My favorite was Nancy Drew mysteries. I read a lot when I was little. Then I reached high school and I was forced to read a lot of books that I didn't care for, so when I had a choice of something to do I was tired of reading. And unfortunately my love never came back, I almost began to detest reading after college and all the text books and novels we were required to read. But I think reading is something great that people should do. And that is why I love it that my middle daughter likes to read and our lil man has a love for books too.
Our middle child actually gets caught hiding books in her bed w/her when she goes to bed. Her big sis thinks that is really weird because she isn't a big reader. She did find one book that she loves though To Kill a Mocking Bird our oldest really liked that book. And there are a few books she likes but nothing like our middle child. Our lil man has just started looking at his books. Now I know he is only 10 mos old and has no real idea about a book, but it is so cute when he sits down and just looks through his books. When I take him to work he will sit down in the play pen and pick up one of his books and just look through it. Here are a couple of pictures.
This is our middle child reading our son's favorite book to him One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish.
And this is lil man "reading" at work. Isn't it so cute.
I hope that they keep loving books like their daddy does and not lose the love like their mommy did. So, find a good book and get to reading :)
No comments:
Post a Comment